AsiaPac to Catalyze Next-Gen Innovation for Singapore Enterprises as Launch Partner for VMware Cloud on AWS
Leading ICT solutions provider aims to accelerate cloud adoption and facilitate future-forward, innovative capabilities for its customers through new cloud offering
Singapore (March 31, 2019) – VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), a leading innovator in enterprise software, today announced AsiaPac Distribution Pte Ltd (AsiaPac), an M1 company, as its launch partner for VMware Cloud on Amazon Web Services (AWS) in Singapore. The partnership represents a significant milestone for the ongoing digital transformation of Singapore’s economy, allowing organizations to harness VMware’s enterprise class software-defined data center on the AWS cloud as they transition to the cloud to meet the growing demands of Singapore’s flourishing digital economy.
“Cloud migration is a core component to digital transformation, and VMware Cloud on AWS provides a quick and cost-effective way to migrate mission-critical applications, or even entire data centers, to the cloud. Combining the industry-leading Software-Defined Data Center capabilities of VMware, together with the elasticity, breadth, and depth of AWS infrastructure and services, the new hybrid cloud service is the ideal platform for modern applications,” said Sanjay K. Deshmukh, vice president and managing director, Southeast Asia and Korea, VMware.
“AsiaPac’s keen knowledge of the local industry, with its well-trained team of technological experts and network of partners and customers make them our preferred partner in helping equip organizations with the hybrid cloud infrastructure that will help them meet the dynamic demands of Singapore’s digital economy,” he added.
As a leading digital technology hub in Asia, Singapore ranks highly in international benchmarks such as the Asian Digital Transformation Index and the Cloud Readiness Index 2018, ahead of leading Asian economies such as Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea. The launch of VMware Cloud on AWS in Singapore will further augment the country’s position as a leading digital and cloud hub in the region, giving organizations in the country access to a stronger hybrid cloud solution to support their regional and global expansion plans.
“With the Smart Nation initiative and continued digital transformation among organizations in Singapore, a more secure and robust digital infrastructure, in addition to a seamless cloud migration process, are pertinent to enabling success for our customers in the digital economy,” said Andrew Cheng, Executive Director, AsiaPac Distribution Pte Ltd. “We are excited to be the launch partner for VMware Cloud on AWS in Singapore and Southeast Asia, and look to supporting our customers with the best-in-class hybrid cloud offering that will serve to catalyze new product innovations and realize possibilities of the future.”
Jointly engineered by VMware and AWS, the applications deployed in this environment benefit from robust disaster protection and optimized access to AWS’ wide range of services. It also can reduce the cost and effort associated with migrating applications to the cloud by delivering infrastructure and operations that are consistent with those deployed within customer data centers, and extending tools, processes, and practices proven to support the most demanding applications.
Recent advancements to the service include:
• Improvements to Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service that can deliver robust protection for large-scale and storage intensive workloads, while significantly reducing the cost and complexity previously required to enable the business continuity of mission-critical applications, cyclic workloads and Next Gen apps.
• Supporting large-scale, secure cloud migrations and application portability globally, enabling customers to more rapidly and reliably migrate applications and extend data centers to the cloud.
- View the most current VMware Cloud on AWS roadmap
- Learn more about VMware Cloud on AWS
- Bookmark the VMware Cloud on AWS blog
- Download our e-brochure
VMware software powers the world’s complex digital infrastructure. The company’s compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation to over 500,000 customers globally, aided by an ecosystem of 75,000 partners. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, this year VMware celebrates twenty years of breakthrough innovation benefiting business and society. For more information, please visit https://www.vmware.com/company.html.
VMware, and VMware Cloud are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions. This article may contain hyperlinks to non-VMware websites that are created and maintained by third parties who are solely responsible for the content on such websites.
 The Asian Digital Transformation Index 2018, Economist Intelligence Unit, Nov 2018.
 Cloud Readiness Index 2018, Asia Cloud Computing Association, Apr 2018.
Other blog posts you might be interested in:
- Huawei Cloud Solutions Offered by AsiaPac Technology for Businesses in Singapore
- AsiaPac Achieves AWS Advanced Consulting Partner Status
- Why Nutanix in Government: Transforming Public Services in the Cloud
- AWS ASEAN Partner of the Year Award 2022 – Singapore
- AsiaPac Technology awarded the Microsoft Singapore Intelligent Cloud – Azure Partner of the Year Awards 2023
- AsiaPac Technology – M1 and SIM to train a pool of tech talents in Work-Study-Train programme for ICT polytechnic graduates